Although I still think there’s a lot of uncertainty in the “carbon offsetting” business, especially when individuals are concerned, the idea that people only buy offset to assuage guilt for an otherwise un-green life is looking more like a myth. Take a look at this PDF from TerraPass’s recent customer survey. The results show that people who’ve bought offsets from TerraPass are, generally speaking, making a lot of significantly green changes elsewhere in their lives. It’s not a huge surprise to me, but for those who might doubt people’s sincerity, it’s a good document to pass around. More on the TerrPass blog….
Terrapass Customer Survey Challenges Carbon Offset Myths
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Travis Noland
London: May 20 – May 22
2014 Global Sustainability Standards Conference
Listen to progressive companies and governments and leaders from Fairtrade, Forest Stewardship Council, Marine Stewardship Council, Rainforest Alliance, and other influential certifications discuss what brings the whole standards movement together: Trust. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 30
Online Chat: Brad Molotsky; EVP, Brandywine Realty Trust
Chat about the growing sustainable real estate trend; learn how Brandywine Realty Trust is leading the way. Register here.
- debbi parsons on FuelMeister II: Personal Biodiesel Processor
- j011254 on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- Dave Shires on The Link Between Walmart, Food Stamps and CSR
- SLDI on The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet
- Moreboomplease on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- Eco-Friendly Products to Celebrate Earth Day in Style
- LIVE FEED: Global Philanthropy Forum Day 1
- Sustainable Brands® Announces Full Program Details for Global Brand Innovation Conference
- Treeson Spring Water: A step in solving the bottled water problem
- Twitter Chat: What does it mean to Brew a Better Future?
- UC Riverside Students Experience Power of New Outdoor Solar Charging Stations