Although I still think there’s a lot of uncertainty in the “carbon offsetting” business, especially when individuals are concerned, the idea that people only buy offset to assuage guilt for an otherwise un-green life is looking more like a myth. Take a look at this PDF from TerraPass’s recent customer survey. The results show that people who’ve bought offsets from TerraPass are, generally speaking, making a lot of significantly green changes elsewhere in their lives. It’s not a huge surprise to me, but for those who might doubt people’s sincerity, it’s a good document to pass around. More on the TerrPass blog….
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Terrapass Customer Survey Challenges Carbon Offset Myths
Where we’re going
- “Coal Means Death for Us”: Big Coal and Forced Evictions in Colombia on
- Upsolar Promotes Energy Freedom with New Home Solar Loans on
- Boeing and South African Airways Partner on Biofuel from Tobacco on
- International Law Silent on Climate Change Responsibility on
- Uber: Driving for Child Hunger and Gouging During a Crisis on
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials