I love shipping container architecture, but the following innovation by Sun Microsystems takes it to a new place. “Project Blackbox” offers clients portable data centers inside of standard shipping containers. Not only is this easy and safe to deploy and transport, but it apparently takes a lot less energy to cool, and as a semi-permanent structure is obviously a lot less resource intensive in its construction. No word on whether these are used or new containers, however.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Sun’s Project BlackBox Using Shipping Containers as Server Rooms
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials