Although military contracting remains frighteningly profitable, other, greener options are emerging. Take Tower Tech of Manitowoc, WI. The self-described “logistical leader in wind tower production” has an interesting past – the facility in which it operates is a former submarine manufacturer which has been re-tooled to make the towers. The company’s stock is up 10x since last august, an astonishing rate of growth that proves that they’re doing something right. I wonder what the resources of Lockheed, Raytheon or Halliburton could produce if put to a different purpose?
Beating Submarines into Wind Turbines
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Jan 6
Twitter Chat: CSR Trends in 2015 w/ PwC & Campbell’s
Join TriplePundit, PwC, PwC Foundation and Campbell Soup Company on Tuesday, January 6th at 9am PST for a special Twitter Chat about sustainability and CSR trends for 2015. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Join Triple Pundit, PwC, PwC Charitable Foundation, Inc. and Campbell Soup Company for a special Twitter Chat about sustainability and CR trends for 2015
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service