To quote the following:
” Over the last year, Union of Concerned Scientists supporters across the country have sent thousands of letters to state and federal lawmakers urging them to reduce global warming pollution. While we’ve laid important groundwork and celebrated some concrete victories at the state and regional level – the United States still needs national comprehensive climate legislation.”
“Recently, Senators Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) and John Warner (R-VA) introduced America’s Climate Security Act (S. 2191). The bill’s bi-partisan support and strong framework for reducing global warming pollution will help build momentum for real congressional action. However, the Senate must act to strengthen a few elements of the bill. Please urge your senators to ensure that the bill helps avoid the worst effects of global warming.”
Ask Your Senators to Strengthen Promising New Climate Bill
- Nick Aster
Online: Sep 18
Symantec: Bridging the Workforce and Diversity Gaps
Join Symantec, Susan McPherson and the Shared Value Initiative as we discuss diversity as a business imperative as well as ways to bridge the gaps that are holding diversity back in certain sectors Register here.
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with Flip Labs on Seafood Traceability on
- Do You know How to Keep Your Employees Satisfied and Motivated? on
- Google, Ford Among Companies Accused of Climate Change Hypocrisy on
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with Source Intelligence on Mineral Traceability on
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with Indigenous on Fashion Traceability on
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- What I Learned at CSRwire.com
- First Ever Summit on LGBTQ Sustainability
- The best way to future-proof your business? Go green
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet