Duke Energy and Gridpoint Inc. on March 27 announced what they believe to be the first successful commercial test of utility-controlled charging a Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) using smart grid technology.
Using the latter’s SmartGrid systems platform, Duke engineers tested the “smart charging” features of Gridpoint’s SmartGrid by plugging a PHEV into a garage wall outlet. Charging started at 10 p.m. and the car was fully charged before peak demand the following morning and ready for the driver’s commute. The system successfully controlled, measured and verified the charging process, according to the media release.
Gridpoint, Duke Energy Conduct First Commercial PHEV Test
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Bard Graduate Programs in Sustainability Support the People’s Climate March in NYC!
- Twitter Chat on Millennials and Social Entrepreneurship: Making an Impact at Work
- Reignite Your Community Program
- The Power of Benchmarking
- How do we create a better future together? Triple Pundit and HP to Host Twitter chat LIVE from SXSW Eco
- Masdar Invests in £1.5bn Offshore Wind Farm; Expands its Presence in the UK Wind Energy Market