In partnership with TriplePundit, Scott Cooney’s GreenBusinessOwner.com is hosting a Social Entrepreneur Boot Camp in San Francisco August 21st-22nd. The intensive two day workshop will help attendees get their dream green business off the ground. Attendees will come in with an idea, and leave with the tools and training they need to make it happen.
The workshop, thanks to generous sponsorship from Dr. Namrata Patel, San Francisco’s “green” dentist, and Laundry Locker, the Bay Area’s eco-friendly dry cleaning and laundry service, costs only $199 for the whole weekend. Scott Cooney, who writes for 3p and is also the author of Build a Green Small Business: Profitable Ways to Become an Ecopreneur (McGraw-Hill), with team up with Bill Roth, author of The Secret Green Sauce to produce the event.
If you’re not in the Bay Area, don’t worry, this is the first of what will be many boot camps that we’ll be helping out with. Look for more announcements soon!
The agenda for the two day workshop includes:
- Enhancing your personal toolkit for entrepreneurial success
- Building your team, including how to recruit and maintain a dynamic Advisory Board
- Creating your green brand and communication strategy
- Learning cutting edge techniques for effective market research on green consumer sentiment
- Mastering the project plan, including using GBO’s project planning module
- Developing your marketing plan as a living document
- Discovering innovative strategies for financing your startup
Workshop attendees will receive a flash drive with the following tools and resources developed by GreenBusinessOwner.com:
- Financial Projection Spreadsheet (Template)
- Craft an Effective Elevator Pitch for your Green Business (Document)
- Marketing Plan (Template)
- Business Plan (Template)
- Conducting Market Research and a Needs Assessment (Manual)
- Creating a Dynamic Advisory Board (Document)
- Project Planning (Interactive Graphical Tool)
The boot camp will be conducted 8 AM to 5PM, Saturday August 21st and Sunday August 22nd. It will feature guest speakers Kevin Danaher, founder of Global Exchange, and Anthony Tsai, sustainability consultant with the non-profit Urban Solutions.
If you are coming from out of town, there is a discount rate at the GoodHotel, one of the green hotels in the trendy SOMA neighborhood in San Francisco, walking distance from the Boot Camp location. GBO has more details once you register.
Ready to join the green economy? We thought so!
To register, sign up at THIS LINK.
About Scott Cooney and GreenBusinessOwner.com:
Scott is a 3 time eco-entrepreneur, and has been working in the green microenterprise sector, helping people hash out their ideas for small green startups. In 2008, Scott published Build a Green Small Business, his first book, getting a publishing contract with the world’s largest publisher, McGraw-Hill. Since then, Scott launched GreenBusinessOwner.com, with the mission to ‘facilitate the creation and success of green businesses.’