As part of our partnership with the Social Capital Markets Conference 2010, we are featuring a series of interviews with key conference participants. Don’t forget to get your 30% discount by using the code “3P30″ when you register!
I sat down with Mike Del Ponte, Founder and CEO of Sparkseed. Most recently Sparkseed ran the most adventurous, non-conference like conference I’ve ever had the pleasure of attending. Dangerously Ambitious brought together 64 young, ambitious entrepreneurs for 3 days of action packed bonding and learning, sans panel discussions. The conference reinforced my view of Mike as someone in the space who is really moving the needle. So I was excited to interview him prior to Socap about his thoughts on the field.
In this interview, learn about:
- Sparkseed’s 3 pronged strategy for creating the Silicon Valley for social entrepreneurship:
- Leveraging the venture capital model to find deals
- Creating a world class social enterprise accelerator program
- Investing in social entrepreneurs through Sparkseed
- Sparkseed’s goal to launch 1000 ventures impacting 1 billion lives in the next 10 years
- The support that has been critical in Mike’s success
- How Mike sees social enterprise taking off and recent trends