Justmeans is launching a new ESG data visualization platform for measuring, managing and comparing sustainability performance platform called Insights. Justmeans is a subsidiary of 3BLMedia, providing content consulting and online news distribution for companies committed to social and environmental performance. The initial launch features companies in the Pharmaceutical, Semiconductor and Computers & Peripheral industries. The platform is said to enable large and medium-sized companies to measure material CSR performance.
According to Justmeans, there are several features in the platform including:
- Ability to drill down into 100+ key quantitative and qualitative ESG performance indicators with historical trend tracking over multiple years
- All data points linked to original source documents
- Quantitative environmental performance indicators normalized by market capitalization with intensity metrics by revenue
- Ability to cross-reference with the GRI G3.1 Guidelines
- View of competitive landscape with functionality for instantly creating and sharing actively linked charts that can be embedded into communications
- Comments from company sustainability and investor relations representatives on indicator performance or rationale for non-reporting of individual indicators
- Ability for companies to update their performance data in real time
Justmeans says that the next launch of the platform will allow for cross industry, sector and country data visualization and comparisons. Their fourth quarter rankings will also include include Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, Healthcare Equipment & Diagnostics, Utilities and other sectors.
During the announcement of the launch, Michael Muyor, President of CRD Analytics opined that:
“Justmeans Insights provides sustainability professionals, asset managers and communications professionals a holistic view of a public company’s performance against their peers. This critical view of comparative sustainability performance data will help drive better decisions. Effective use of the platform instantly helps companies uncover where they demonstrate leadership and where they are lagging.”
The Insights platform leverages on CRD Analytics’ SmartView 360 Platform. This is a proprietary system used to screen and rank companies based on quantitative financial, ESG performance metrics. The SmartView 360 Platform powers several indexes such as the NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability Index (QCRD).
Martin Smith, CEO of Justmeans said that:
“As the number of sustainability rankings has increased dramatically over the past decade, companies have found long, non category-specific ranking lists irrelevant. Justmeans Insights™ provides companies with the ability to compare performance against peers and competitors within their industry or sector along with key data points. Our reasoning behind the launch of Justmeans Insights is to elevate the conversation on what meaningful social and environmental performance looks like.”
The category-specific ranking system will definitely be of great use to businesses who which to compare and contrast their performance with their peers. It would also make sustainability information more streamlined for consultants and CSR managers.