Have You Heard About the Susty Tweet-Up?
We’ve had a big week here at 3p, but the work continues. As part of our partnership with the Presidio Graduate School, we are excited to present a “tweet up” next Tuesday night from 6pm until 9pm PST.
The Topic: Occupy America: Strategies for a Just, Prosperous and Sustainable Economy
We”ll spend the evening conversing with sustainable business thought leaders and forward-thinking members of the community about exactly what we mean by a “sustainable economy” and how to get there.
It will be moderated by William Shutkin, President and CEO of the Presidio Graduate School and me, in what is sure to be an exciting discussion!
If you have never participated in a “tweet up” before, now is a great chance to give it a shot – as an individual, or on behalf of your organization or school. You are likely to gain a lot of followers, contacts and insight, even if you only drop in for 30 minutes. Best of all, it’s ridiculously easy.
It’s easy? You’re kidding…
Yes – all you have to do to participate is visit twitter.com between 6 and 9 pm on Tuesday and search for the hashtag #PGStweets. Advanced uses can do a heck of a lot more, but this is enough to get you in the door.
When the Tweet-Up starts:
1. Search for #pgstweets. You’ll see some initial questions.
2. Type in your thoughts, but don’t forget to include #pgstweets in your reply!
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM (PT)
Location: On Twitter!
New to twitter? Here’s the 101:
1. Sign up for an account on Twitter. It takes 30 seconds!
2. Add a photo of yourself or an avatar – there’s nothing lamer than a default twitter image.
3. Try a few test tweets. Take no more than 10 minutes to read some of these tips.
4. Try a few searches for things that interest you. “Follow” a few people who seem to be tweeting about those interests.
5. Learn about hashtags. Try searching for #susty as an example.
Please pass it on!
Questions? Leave a comment here…