Today, we salute you, sustainable businesses of the present who keep a responsible eye on the future. On Wednesday, we ran a similar post titled Top 20 Environmental NGOs on Twitter, and now today’s list features 25 for-profit businesses who are using Twitter to support their advocacy of the triple bottom line of people, planet, profits.
This list is both subjective and non-exhaustive. Please let us know if you agree with these, or share that you would’ve included!
1. @SCJgreenchoices: Daily tweets from SC Johnson’s Global Corporate Affairs, Communication & Sustainability team on environmental topics, tips & green choices.
2. @Unilever: Sharing new content and engaging topics like marketing, business strategy, results, and sustainable living.
3. @SustainableSAP: Tweeting general sustainability and CSR info, and news about SAP’s sustainability solutions/efforts.
4. @CiscoCSR: Sharing resources for nonprofits & NGOs as well as global corporate social responsibility news & updates from Cisco.
5. @WalMartGreen: WalMart believes that together, we will create a more sustainable world to help people live better. 6. @Ecomagination: GE’s forum for fresh thinking and conversation about clean technology and sustainable infrastructure.
7. @WasteManagement: Waste Management Inc. is the leading provider of comprehensive environmental solutions in North America.
8. @eBayGreen: Join eBayGreen to help the world buy, sell and think green every day!
9. @Stonyfield: Everything you want, and nothing you don’t! Fresh, organic tweets from the world’s leading organic yogurt maker.
10. @TerraCycle: Global leader in collecting hard-to-recycle waste to be recycled or upcycled. TerraCycle turns waste into new items.
11. @BASF: BASF is the world’s leading chemical company. About 113,000 employees worldwide create chemistry for a sustainable future.
12. @SeventhGen: Seventh Generation is committed to being the most trusted brand of household and personal-care products for your living home.
13. @JNJNews: The Johnson and Johnson company, partners and communities are caring for the world, one person at a time.
14. @Recyclebank: Recyclebank rewards you for taking every-day green actions with discounts and deals from local and national businesses.
15. @REI: Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI) is a member-owned coop, circa 1938, providing gear, guidance, and inspiration to get outdoors and explore nature.
16. @NativeEnergy: An expert provider of carbon offsets, renewable energy credits, and carbon accounting software.
17. @DardenSustains: Darden is the world’s largest full-service restaurant company; investing in our culture, restaurants and supply chain. Their focus is People, Planet, Plate.
18. @DuPont_ability: DuPont sustainability news: clean energy, solar, wind, biofuels, climate change, green chemistry and renewably sourced products to help people and the planet.
19. @AnniesHomegrown: Annie’s Foods says… We make good food, but that’s just the beginning. Let’s watch good grow.
20. @OATshoes: OAT Shoes are Shoes that Bloom: bury them after they wear down and flowers bloom, while the shoes decompose!
21. @Sainsburys: This grocery chain believes its values give real competitive advantage, and looks to differentiate on this basis for customers, colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders.
22. @AirBnB: Airbnb connects travelers seeking authentic experiences with hosts offering unique, inspiring spaces around the world.
23. @Interface_NA: Setting the pace for development of quality modular carpet tile using materials and processes that take less from the environment.
24. @SouthwestAir: Environmental Stewardship is a responsibility Southwest Airlines takes seriously, and efficient operations are the hallmark of the company.
25. @Zipcar: A community of folks who’ve found out that car sharing beats the heck outta car ownership.
Think about giving these sustainability-minded business a follow, or a Happy #EcoMonday or #FollowFriday shout!