ED NOTE: This chat is a sponsored engagement with Mars, Inc
Note: Today’s chat has just wrapped up. Don’t worry, we’ll have a synopsis up later this week.
We’re excited to announce another high-level Twitter chat coming TODAY, July 24th at 8am PST/11am EST. This time we’ll be chatting with Mars, Inc’s new Chief Sustainability Officer, Barry Parkin.
Mars takes a unique approach to branding their CSR efforts, issuing what they call a Principles in Action summary instead of a traditional CSR report. This communication outlines the history of Mars, its legacy as a business committed to its Five Principles and the company’s goal of putting its Principles into action to make a difference to people and the planet through performance. Mars’ 2012 report is available here and we’re going to give you a first hand look at what’s in it.
In partnership with CSRwire, we’ll talk to Mars about its perspective as a private, family-owned company committed to long-term thinking and discuss how it, as a food manufacturer, handles sustainability.
Follow along live from 8am Pacific/11am Eastern right here on on the twitter tool of your choice:
Mars will also share updates on some of its biggest goals, challenges and accomplishments in meeting milestones, and plans for the years to come.
Specifically we’ll be discussing:
- How governance informs sustainability
- What planetary boundaries are and how they help Mars prioritize sustainability
- How Mars addresses hunger and obesity issues
- How the company balances the needs of customers with its commitments to bring prosperity to farmers at the base of the supply chain. (hint – commitments like its goal to buy 100% certified cocoa by 2020 help)
- What Mars’ “Sustainability in a Generation” goals include and the challenges the company has met in meeting them
- What a sustainable supply chain looks like in 2012
- What it means to “communicate responsibly”
TriplePundit founder Nick Aster and CSRwire’s Editorial Director Aman Singh will facilitate the chat, providing an opportunity for journalists, bloggers, industry analysts and other interested parties to get an in-depth look at Mars’ sustainability strategy.
Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Time: 11am-12pm EST / 8am-9am PST
Where: To register, drop us an email at email@example.com and join us on Twitter at #MarsSusty or, just send out a tweet saying, “I’m joining @MarsGlobal, @csrwire and @triplepundit for a PIA Chat: http://j.mp/16K7Wpa”
Accounts to follow: @MarsGlobal @triplepundit @csrwire @nickaster @amansinghcsr