How does a company link community success to business success? With the release of Raytheon’s 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report, we talked with Pam Wickham, vice president of Corporate Affairs and Communications for Raytheon, who provided her insight live on Twitter.
From sustainability to supporting its communities, the aerospace and defense technology company is making a tangible impact by aligning its corporate social responsibility initiatives to its business goals.
For instance, how does Raytheon attract world class talent to its ranks amid declining student interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)? What does the aerospace and defense industry’s aging workforce and shortage of technical talent mean to Raytheon’s future? What is the company doing to empower the millions of veterans returning to civilian life?
On July 8th, we discussed with the panel:
- What has been the impact of Raytheon’s ongoing investment in STEM education?
- How does Raytheon motivate its employees to donate hundreds of thousands of hours of their own time to causes it supports?
- How does a strong supplier pipeline support a company’s sustainability efforts?
- What role is Raytheon’s MathMovesU brand playing in building a pipeline of innovators?
- How does Raytheon expand its social responsibility efforts to reach a global audience?
- How is the technology company working with returning veterans to help them pursue meaningful careers that build on their experience and skills?