On October 7th, TriplePundit and HP hosted a live Twitter Chat from #SXSWeco, at the hashtag #livingprogress.
During this year’s SXSWEco conference, Nick Aster, Founder and Publisher of Triple Pundit, and Chris Librie, Senior Director of Strategy and Communications at HP Corporate Affairs, came together at the HP Living Progress Exchange to bring the dialogue to you via Twitter!
The conversation covered some of the big challenges facing us today, including a rapidly growing population, effects of climate change, economic instability and global health crises.
Since challenges present opportunities for forward-thinking individuals and companies, HP is using the Living Progress framework for thinking about how it does business to create a better future for everyone through its actions and innovations. Through HP Living Progress, HP brings together people and technology to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
TriplePundit led the dialogue while HP provided facts and highlights of its past, present, and future work in sustainability. Topics covered in the discussion on HP’s Living Progress plan included the goals and successes of its supply chain, operations, collaborations, and more.
A few breakthroughs in HP’s innovations include:
- HP has developed a liquid-cooled supercomputer which can help companies eliminate up to 3,800 tons of CO2 waste from data centers per year.
- HP has a goal to reduce the emissions intensity of our product portfolio, 40% by 2020 compared to 2010.
- HP is the only global IT company to set carbon reduction goals for all 3 parts of its value chain – across operations, supply chain and its product portfolio.
- One Living Progress example is HP’s Africa take-back & recycling program that creates jobs and a healthier environment.
- HP’s eHealth Center initiative provides quality care in rural underserved areas.
Missed the chat or want to learn more? Here’s the Storify summary: