Today, TriplePundit, PwC, PwC Foundation and Campbell Soup Company came together for a special Twitter Chat about sustainability and CR trends for 2015.
This chat explored the big issues in corporate responsibility that are bubbling up in the year ahead.
We took the conversation from basic issues like compliance, reporting and philanthropy to more evolved topics like integrated reporting, B Corps, and triple bottom line philosophy. We covered hot button issues for 2015 such as what we predict will captivate the CR community and what we think will challenge CR practitioners in the year ahead. And, we were happy to have the opportunity to address many of your questions!
So, what will the “hot button” issues be this year?
- Rebecca Caplan: Director of PwC Charitable Foundation, predicts that 2015 will bring pervasive digitization to the social economy, and nonprofits will be challenged to redefine themselves. Rebecca says that new types of socially-minded organizations will become the norm, and therefore, foundations need to articulate how their value is unique from other CR activities.
And, what will captivate the CR community in 2015?
- Shannon Schuyler: Principal, CR Leader & President of PwC Charitable Foundation, believes government action around anticipated immigration reform and disaster preparedness will take center stage, along with the sharing economy’s new tools and apps that are changing consumer expectations and interactions.
- Dave Stangis: VP of Public Affairs & CR at Campbell Soup Company and President of Campbell Soup Foundation, believes shared that he is energized by the integration of CSR and sustainability across the business from R&D, to innovation, operations and marketing.
Rebecca, Shannon, and Dave surely spent an exciting and insightful hour with us at #pwcCR15.
Click below for the “Storify” summary to learn much more from these three – and to see some of your questions and comments, too!
- Shannon Schuyler: Principal, Corporate Responsibility Leader & President, PwC Charitable Foundation – @ShannonSchuyler
- Rebecca Caplan: Director, PwC Charitable Foundation – @PwCFoundation
- Dave Stangis: VP of Public Affairs & Corporate Responsibility, Campbell Soup Company; President of Campbell Soup Foundation – @DaveStangis
- TriplePundit Founder and Publisher Nick Aster – @NickAster
- TriplePundit Director of Social Media Marissa Rosen – @MarissaR1
New to Twitter Chats? Click HERE to learn how you can engage in our next conversation.