Today, TriplePundit, SAP and our esteemed guest panel came together for a special Twitter chat about International Youth Day at #SAPYouthChat.
Today’s generation of youth is the “purpose generation.” Study after study shows that 84 percent of today’s rising workforce values making a difference more than corporate recognition, and nearly 60 percent of young professionals want to find employers who share their values. There are more young social entrepreneurs and conscious consumers than ever before. At the same time, most young people switch jobs after three years or fewer. In the United States alone, 70 percent of the workforce is disengaged. SAP Industry Cloud has experienced that there is much to be learned from reverse mentorship and embracing the youngest employees in our workplaces.
Here’s the Storify summary of today’s conversation:
During this hour-long Twitter Chat, SAP and our panel of leading innovators shared their expertise on millennials and meaningful work. Topics of discussion included:
- How can a young person get on the path to meaningful work?
- How can we work together as employers and employees to empower the next-generation workforce to fulfill their potential?
- How does meaningful work look different in a values-driven company vs. in a values-based role?
- Denise Broady (@dvubroady) — SAP Chief Operating Officer, Industry Cloud
- Adam “Smiley” Poswolsky (@whatsupsmiley) — Bestselling Author: The Quarter-Life Breakthrough
- Kathryn Dill (@KathrynDill) — Forbes Reporter on the workforce and workplace of the future
- Nick Aster (@NickAster) — TriplePundit Founder and Publisher
- Marissa Rosen (@MarissaR1) — TriplePundit Director of Social Media
- Jen Boynton (@JenBoynton) — TriplePundit Editor-In-Chief
This was the second in a series of four Twitter chats that TriplePundit and SAP will host in 2015 to open the dialogue around empowering youth. Each chat will feature an SAP spokesperson, an external influencer, an SAP partner, and a youth influencer. Stay tuned for upcoming chats on sports and healthcare!
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 293,500 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.