Today, TriplePundit, Novozymes, Four Twenty Seven and The Climate Reality Project came together at #NzymCOP21 for a special Twitter Chat about the case for responsible business and the importance of COP21. This chat coincided with Climate Week NYC.
All eyes are on the city of Paris, which will host December’s 21st Conference of Parties (COP21), widely expected to be our last chance to get a global commitment to halt climate change!
While the U.N. talks themselves will be crowded with policymakers and state representatives, there will be many upcoming opportunities for the business community to get involved in the intervening months. During this Twitter Chat, we discussed best practices for companies that want to make their support for a global commitment on climate change known to the world.
This Twitter Chat marks a kickoff to an online discussion we’ll be hosting at #NzymCOP21 through the December climate talks.
During #NzymCOP21, our panelists shared their answers the following questions, and more:
- Why are all eyes on COP21?
- Why do we need science-based targets instead of incremental targets?
- What does carbon pricing really mean? What impact would it have if we had a pricing scheme in place?
- Should companies prepare to show up in Paris?
- What other ways can companies get involved from around the world?
- What happens with the COP process if no deals are struck?
- Claus Stig Pedersen (@Novozymes) – Senior Director, Head of Corporate Sustainability at Novozymes
- Emilie Mazzacurati (@427climaterisk) – Founder and CEO at Four Twenty Seven and climate adaptation expert
- Kenneth Berlin (@KennethBerlin) – CEO of The Climate Reality Project
- The TriplePundit Team: