GRI Certified Training« Back to Events
The New Economy Demands Sustainability Professionals
Successful businesses of the future depend on a new type of professional, prepared to accelerate economic growth in a responsible manner, while minimizing social and environmental risks. Our sustainability reporting trainings close the gap between where your people are now and where you want them to be, helping your organization achieve your sustainability goals and creating high performance, sustainable environments.
Why Get Trained through a GRI Certified Sustainability Reporting Course
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the world’s leading framework for sustainability reporting. If your company produces, or is considering producing, a Sustainability or Corporate Social Responsibility Report (CSR), GRI is the framework that can ease the process. But you need to understand how to use it first in order to maximize its impact. Join us for a 2-day training that will fast track you to expert status! Seating is limited, so register now.
Who Should Attend
Sustainability professionals at all levels of the org chart can benefit from the training, but the course is designed for individuals who will have a hands-on role in producing sustainability reports. GRI is a framework suitable for organizations of all sizes, from all sectors, featuring sector specific metrics that organizations can flexibly adapt to communicate performance in key sustainability areas.
Our trainers use presentations, interactive learning and hands-on instruction to impart GRI’s detailed sustainability reporting methodology. Course participants will have the opportunity to review and critique real GRI reports and will leave the course prepared to drive their organization’s reporting process.
Our Approach to Training
ISOS Group applies innovative but practical approaches to learning that will fast track you to expert status, equipping participants with the know-how required to manage the reporting process. The two-day training walks new and experienced sustainability practitioners through the GRI reporting process and the key pillars of the GRI Reporting Framework: stakeholder engagement, the materiality assessment process and principles for ensuring credibility, transparency and balance in triple bottom line reporting. Students will also be able to discuss the current iteration of the G4 guidelines with our experienced trainers.
Upon completion, participants will receive certificates directly from GRI for their demonstrated knowledge of:
- GRI, the GRI Framework and supporting documents
- Synergies between the UN Global Compact and sustainability reporting
- Reporting concept, planning, and the reporting process
- Benefits and challenges of reporting
- Stakeholder identification, roles, prioritization and engagement
- The GRI Materiality principle and Key Performance Indicators selection
- Connecting reporting content and monitoring with policies and goals
- Quality assurance and GRI application levels
- Communicating results in various formats
As a GRI Certified Partner in the United States, ISOS Group has raised the bar, becoming one of the global leaders in the sustainability education field. We’ve trained over 600 professionals representing sustainability thought leaders, sustainability officers, chief financial officers, procurement managers, investor relations professionals, institutional investors, risk managers, accountants, green building professionals, strategic planners, consultants and academia.
- 2 days of instruction
- GRI certification upon completion
- meals and refreshments
- learning materials
- GRI publication entitled “The GRI sustainability reporting cycle: A handbook for small and not-so-small organizations”
- presentation from an experienced GRI reporter
- invitation to our exclusive LinkedIn group only for ISOS-certified sustainability practitioners