Twitter Chat with General Mills« Back to Events
Join #GenMillsSusty on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12pm PST.
How can food companies source their ingredients most sustainably – and protect the resources and communities upon which their businesses depend?
On April 16th, General Mills will mark its 44th anniversary with the release of its 2014 CSR report – voluntarily disclosing progress on its social and environmental goals – including sustainably sourcing 100 percent of its 10 priority ingredients by 2020. That represents more than 50 percent of the company’s annual raw material purchases and includes oats, wheat, dairy, palm oil, cocoa and vanilla, among others.
The challenge ahead is significant. From finding the right partners to improving farmers’ profitability and the sustainability of their farming techniques, General Mills will need to not only focus on immediate social and environmental impact but also on sustaining its business for the long-term?
To discuss the weight of this commitment and how it aims to move forward, General Mills Chief Sustainability Officer Jerry Lynch and General Mills Sourcing Director Steve Peterson will join TriplePundit and CSRwire for a live Twitter chat on April 23, 2014.
What does sustainable sourcing involve for a global company like General Mills? Moderated by Nick Aster, Founder and Publisher of TriplePundit, and Aman Singh, CSRwire’s Editorial Director, the discussion will explore several subthemes including:
- What is the food giant doing to address its impact upstream?
- With 99% of its water usage occurring outside its operations, how can General Mills include others in the supply chain – farmers, other companies, etc.— in its sustainability goals?
- How does a supply chain spread across the developed and developing world shift General Mills’ sustainable sourcing approach?
Here’s what you need to know:
- Date: April 23, 2014 – 12pm PST / 3pm EST
- Hashtag: #GenMillsSusty
- Speakers: @gmills_jerry @gmills_steve
- Moderators: @AmanSinghCSR @CSRwire @nickaster @triplepundit
To register, send out the following tweet: I’ll join @gmills_jerry @CSRwire & @triplepundit to discuss what it takes 2 reach 100% #susty sourcing http://bit.ly/GenMillsSusty #GenMillsSusty
Got a question for our panel? Send it to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you on Twitter at #GenMillsSusty on April 23rd!