Every business is interested in creating a marketing plan that helps increase sales and profits. At the same time, you may be looking for a way to spread the word without harming the environment along the way. This is when eco-friendly marketing strategies can come in handy.
Believe it or not, there are many ways to market your company without dragging down the environment while you are at it. Here are seven tips for getting started:
1. Forget about direct mail. There is no denying the fact that this can yield results, but you have to consider something else: most of your mail is going to end up in a trashcan.
When you cut back on direct mail you are cutting back on the amount of paper you are wasting.
2. Fly a promotional flag. This is one of those ideas that many companies have overlooked in the past, but quite a few are relying on in today’s day and age. Flags are timeless and can create a lasting brand image in people’s minds.
3. Start a corporate blog. When it comes to eco-friendly marketing, this is just about as good as it gets. Not only is this eco-friendly, but it has been proven effective time and time again. Talk about the perfect combination!
4. Don’t overlook the power of social media. Just the same as a corporate blog, this puts you in position to market your brand without causing the least bit of harm to the environment. With the importance of social media marketing on the rise, you are also implementing a strategy that can produce results.
5. Opt for an electronic press kit. Why spend all that money on paper that will eventually be thrown out? Why not opt for an electronic press kit that includes all the same information? In addition to being eco-friendly, you can email this type of press kit with ease while also adding it your website for download.
6. Go green with your giveaways. Consider this: you are attending a trade show and need something to giveaway to those who stop by your booth. Don’t opt for anything that could harm the environment. Instead, shop for green gifts, such as those made with recycled material.
7. An electronic newsletter is the only way to go. Do you remember the days when distributing a newsletter via snail mail was the “cool thing to do?” Leave those days in the past and focus your time and energy on an electronic newsletter. This is eco-friendly, easier to distribute, and more cost effective.
If eco-friendly marketing is important to your company, experiment with one or more of the strategies detailed above. Soon enough, you will feel better about your marketing approach while hopefully saving money at the same time. What more could you ask for?