You’ve set up an employee volunteer program. Now you need volunteers. After all, the program won’t run itself. Luckily you’ve got a large pool of employees ripe for the picking and all you have to do is get them interested in participating.
But how? We’ve got some best practices for maximizing engagement in your volunteer programs, including:
- Set goals and embrace transparency
- Leverage your employees’ opinions
- Orient and train employees
- Bring friends and family into the equation
- Focus on skills-based volunteering
Visit our website to download our free article Driving Employee Engagement through Better Program Coordination where we’ll expand on each of these points. You can also learn more about the MicroEdge AngelPoints Volunteering solution.