The Natural Step’s Level 1 Sustainability course is coming to the following five US cities.
- Seattle, WA — Thursday, October 17
- Portland, OR — Thursday, October 24
- Missoula, MT — Thursday, October 31
- San Francisco, CA — Wednesday, November 6
- Austin, TX — Wednesday, November 13
This is the first time this course has been offered in the US in the last three years.
In this engaging 1-day workshop business, community and other organizational sustainability practitioners will have the opportunity to ground themselves in the core concepts of sustainability and apply them through a hands-on case study using the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development (also known as The Natural Step Framework). This will give you the knowledge and practical tools to take a strategic, systemic approach to planning and managing sustainability initiatives. Upon completion you will be better equipped to plan, manage and communicate sustainability initiatives that capture value, enable innovation, and drive strategy throughout your organization or community.
The course draws upon The Natural Step’s 20 years of practical experience researching, developing, and refining its strategic approach with countless global clients and partners.
What will you get?
- A highly engaging, 1-day workshop (including refreshments)
- A comprehensive workbook to use during the workshop and keep for your reference
- A license to access and view The Natural Step’s award-winning Sustainability 101 online eLearning course as many times as you want for 1 year
- A certificate of completion from The Natural Step International
What will you learn?
You will have the opportunity to build or further your skills in:
- Articulating the value proposition and business case for sustainability
- Strategically analyzing sustainability situations using a robust, scientifically-based framework
- Changing the way you think about sustainability to see the systemic issues and opportunities
- Asking the right questions in order to make better, more strategic decisions in a step-wise fashion
About the Instructor
Paul Horton, a 21-year veteran in the field of sustainable development and one of nine US Natural Step Associates, will teach this course. Paul has worked with businesses, universities, airports and communities across the US.
During this workshop you will you will interact closely with sustainability practitioners from a variety of sectors, discussing and presenting your ideas and challenges back to the group. There will also be ample time to network before and after the course, during breaks, and over the lunch hour.
Before the workshop, you will complete The Natural Step’s 1-hour Sustainability 101 eLearning course on your own time as an introduction to the core concepts of The Natural Step Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development. All participants will arrive at the workshop with a shared language and understanding of sustainability basics, which will enhance our interaction and discussion to make the most of our time together.