50 billion plastic water bottles are sold in the US every year. Less than 20% are recycled, which means many bottles end up in rivers, lakes and oceans. After noticing a significant amount of waste washing up on one of the world’s most beautiful beaches, Carlton Solle was struck by an idea: perhaps there was a way to create a water bottle that created a solution instead of adding to the problem? Five years later that idea materialized into Treeson Spring Water, an environmentally friendly, socially conscious bottled water brand that is taking the first step in solving the waste problem.
Treeson Spring Water is attempting to revolutionize the way we consume water through the following features:
- 100% eco-friendly design: it’s made of toxin free, plant-based materials, is 100% sustainable, biodegradable, and is inspired by nature.
- Return recycling program that creates clean energy: the bottle comes with a reply mail label and can be popped into any USPS mail box when finished. It is then put through a special process that turns it into clean energy used to make more bottles.
- World’s finest sourced spring water: Treeson uses only the finest sourced natural spring water and then passes it through a purification process that models how the rainforest purifies water as it goes through its canopy. Then Treeson adds back electrolytes and oxygen to give your body a natural boost.
- One bottle = one tree: for every bottle of Treeson sold, there is a tree planted in order to ensure there will always be plenty of fresh water and clean air for years to come.
- Impact tracking: Treeson is launching a mobile app that will help you track your impact and see where your tree is planted.
Since achieving funding in a successful Kickstarter campaign, Treeson Spring Water is now in the process of building their infrastructure resources and beginning production.