Today, TriplePundit and Diplomatic Courier hosted Mars, Inc., IBM Research, The World Food Prize and National Geographic Magazine for a special Twitter Chat about the intersection of food and sustainability – at #FutureOfFood. Special thanks to Mars, Incorporated for sponsoring the conversation!
During this hour-long Twitter Chat, Mars, IBM Research, The World Food Prize and National Geographic Magazine took an analytical look at global issues facing us in 2015. The conversation focused on the future of food in relation to sustainability and changing global needs, and our guests discussed the connection between food, health and technology, bringing to the forefront the role food plays in wellness. Additionally, we discussed the importance of food safety and security in a global distribution system. Overall, the #FutureOfFood chat drove awareness of the opportunities for collaboration among experts, innovators and policymakers.
Highlight topics of Twitter Chat included the following. Check out the Storify summary for more details!
- Overcoming the challenge of nourishing 9 billion people by 2050
- Breakthroughs at the nexus of food and wellness
- The role that corporations and startups can play in collaborative innovation
- The importance that food safety and security play in the future of food discussion
- And our guests answered ten questions from the audience!
- Dave Crean, Vice President of Corporate Research and Development at Mars, Inc. (@MarsGlobal)
- Ambassador Kenneth M. Quinn, President at The World Food Prize Foundation (@WorldFoodPrize)
- Kelsey Nowakowski, Reporter at National Geographic Magazine and National Geographic’s The Plate (@NatGeoFood)
- Marissa Rosen (@MarissaR1) — TriplePundit Director of Social Media
- Jen Boynton (@JenBoynton, @triplepundit) — TriplePundit Editor-In-Chief
- Mary Mazzoni (@Mary_Mazzoni) — TriplePundit Senior Editor
- Diplomatic Courier (@DiploCourier) — Global affairs media network connecting publics to leaders