Today, TriplePundit, Benevity, Google, and Giving Tuesday came together for a special Twitter Chat at #GivingEveryDay, exploring how companies can lead a culture of goodness through employee giving and volunteering all year round.
Giving Tuesday, celebrated after the retail extravaganza of Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, has grown into an incredible movement in a short period of time. It proves to us that individuals are hungry for opportunities to give back. So, what if it wasn’t just one day a year?
What if the Giving Tuesday movement grew into a rallying cry of giving back to one’s community every day of the year? And how can companies serve as a leader in making that a reality?
During #GivingEveryDay, we addressed the following topics, and more:
- How can companies lead the charge, and foster a culture of giving back throughout the year?
- Who are the organizations that do this successfully that we can learn from?
- What advice can we offer companies to turn #GivingEveryDay into a reality?
- Bryan de Lottinville, Benevity (@Benevity) – Chief Executive Officer
- Asha Curran, 92Y (@GivingTues) – Director, Center for Innovation & Social Impact
- Diane Solinger, Google (@DianeSolinger) – Global Lead, GooglersGive
Check out the Storify synopsis of the conversation here:
- The TriplePundit Team:
Benevity is the global leader in online workplace giving, matching, volunteering and grant management programs. Some of the world’s most iconic brands rely on Spark, Benevity’s award-winning SaaS solution, to power their Goodness Programs. They use Spark to attract, retain and engage today’s workers by connecting people personally to causes that matter to them. With more than 2 million users around the world , Benevity will process donations benefitting more than 100,000 global charities this year. As a certified B Corporation, Benevity joins a new breed of for-profit companies with a social mission who are setting the standard for doing well by doing good.