Today, Tim Fleming (Director of Enterprise Sustainability Integration for AT&T), Jori Mendel (Strategic Alliance Manager for AT&T Smart Cities), Dunstan Allison-Hope (Managing Director of BSR), Amir Omar (VP of Strategic Partners and Key Accounts for Hydropoint Data Systems), Torri Martin (Director of SMARTATL) and TriplePundit all came together to discuss how AT&T is turning “cities of the future” into a reality!
The city of the future is a smart city. It’s environmentally sustainable and addresses the needs of its residents. During this Twitter Chat, our distinguished panelists discussed how they view these cities of the future.
We delved into technological solutions that are being – and will be – implemented in smart cities, and explained how they can benefit the environment, communities and citizens’ quality of life. Panelists also discussed how they’re working together in AT&T’s spotlight cities and communities to deliver these benefits.
During #ATTsmartcities, we talked about the following and more!
- What exactly a “smart city” is and its impacts on residents
- How smart cities use the Internet of Things (IoT) to optimize our use of valuable resources like energy and water, to improve quality of life and impacts on the planet
- How AT&T is using the right technology and IoT solutions, securely, to help cities become cleaner, safer and stronger
- How the technology that weaves through smart cities has the potential to enable large-scale carbon emissions and water savings
- The future of smart cities for citizens and local government
Here’s a synopsis of the whole conversation:
- Tim Fleming (@TimothyBFleming): AT&T Sustainability Integration, Director
- Jori Mendel (@Jori_Mendel): AT&T Smart Cities, Strategic Alliance Manager
- Dunstan Allison-Hope (@DunstanHope): BSR, Managing Director
- Amir Omar (@AmirOmar): Hydropoint Data Systems, VP of Strategic Partners & Key Accounts
- Torri Martin (@torrimartinATL): SMARTATL, Director
AT&T helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, mobile, high-speed internet and voice services. With its expertise in Iot, AT&T’s Smart Cities organization is helping build more connected cities and more environmentally sustainable communities. With its strategic alliances, AT&T is delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that will help cities save money, preserve natural resources and improve the quality of life for citizens – addressing connectivity needs in the areas of transportation, lighting, infrastructure, public safety and more.