Surprised to see TriplePundit working with Monsanto? Read more here.
Join Monsanto’s CEO, Hugh Grant, along with Dr. Nick Goeser (Director of Soil Health and Sustainability at the National Corn Growers Association’s Soil Health Partnership) and Pradip Das (Principal Researcher of Experimental Science at the Climate Corporation), on Tuesday March 8th at 9:00am PST / 12:00pm EST for a Twitter Chat at #Ag4thefuture. This conversation will be a look at the tools in a modern farmer’s toolbox for mitigating climate change, preserving our resources and feeding our growing population.
Climate change is one the biggest issues we face in agriculture, as well as one of most pressing challenges facing humanity. Year after year, farmers have had to adapt to severe droughts, unpredictable temperatures and more erratic precipitation and weather patterns. Farmers have been, and will continue to be, a positive force in adapting to and mitigating climate change. Great progress has already been made to reduce agriculture’s carbon footprint. But, to sustainably feed 9.6 billion people by 2050, we must work collectively to do even more.
Monsanto will drive carbon neutral crop production in its own seed production operations by leveraging diverse products and agronomic approaches, such as breeding, plant biotechnology, data science, conservation tillage and cover cropping systems, with the goal of eliminating that portion of its carbon footprint altogether.
Topics of conversation during #Ag4thefuture will include:
- What innovations are allowing crops to be grown in a way that soil absorbs and holds greenhouse gases equal to or greater than the total amount emitted from growing those crops.
- How science and technology can support farmers and international efforts to increase yields and reduce the environmental impact of farming. Techniques include: the use of satellite imagery to precisely target emerging pest problems, the development of sophisticated algorithms that model the exact fertilizer needs of each field.
- How Monsanto is collaborating with outside experts in data science on extensive modeling of soil conditions and micro-climates.
- How we are going to sustainably feed 9.6 billion people by 2050.
- And much more!
Bring your questions for our guests, and they’ll answer as many as they can during the chat!
- Hugh Grant (@MonsantoCo) – CEO of Monsanto
- Dr. Nick Goeser (@SoilPartners) – Director of Soil Health and Sustainability, the NCGA’s Soil Health Partnership
- Pradip Das (@ClimateCorp) – Principal Researcher, Experimental Science, the Climate Corporation
- The TriplePundit Team
WHEN: Tuesday, March 8th at 9am PST / 12pm EST
WHERE: Join the conversation on Twitter at #Ag4thefuture
New to Twitter Chats? Don’t worry! Read this.
Already active on Twitter? Tweet to spread the word about the #Ag4thefuture Twitter Chat:
Have a question for the panel? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @TriplePundit!
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company that delivers agricultural products to support farmers all around the world. Monsanto is focused on empowering farmers—large and small—to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world’s natural resources such as water and energy. The company does this with its leading seed brands in crops like corn, cotton, oilseeds and fruits and vegetables. Monsanto also produces leading in-the-seed trait technologies for farmers, aimed at protecting their yield, supporting their on-farm efficiency and reducing their on-farm costs.