ALEXANDRIA, Va., Aug. 21 /CSRwire/ – Global Impact, whose mission is to build partnerships and resources for the world’s most vulnerable people, announced today that it raised approximately $22.6 million in fiscal year 2017 (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017) for its charity alliance of more than 100 international relief and development charities. These organizations are working on the front lines every day providing food, shelter, health care, education and other essential services to millions of people around the world.
Collectively, Global Impact charity alliance members have continued to see growth in revenues generated through workplace giving campaigns and other initiatives. This success is attributed to Global Impact’s fundraising strategy, as well as the great work of its charity partners, and private sector companies that are choosing to partner with Global Impact to raise awareness of global issues and charities as part of a larger corporate initiative to engage employees in creating greater social impact.
Currently, Global Impact raises much needed unrestricted funding through more than 300 private and public sector workplace giving campaigns with organizations such as Accenture, TIAA, American Express, Wells Fargo and the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC).
Global Impact has also developed a number of High Impact Funds and specific disaster funds, for example the Africa Famine Relief Fund, that have helped raise money for charities focused on pressing issues that are most important to donors. “We are continually seeking new ways to promote our charity alliance members and engage donors in the work they are doing,” said Joseph Mettimano, Global Impact vice president of marketing and campaign engagement. “It is an honor to work on behalf of these great charitable organizations and see interest growing by enlightened companies that understand the connection between creating employee satisfaction and opportunities for increased social impact within their workforces.”
Charity alliance partners range from renowned organizations with worldwide reach to nonprofits providing essential services on a regional scale. Rigorous membership standards ensure that each organization practices sound financial management and effective program delivery. Global Impact’s eight new charity partners for the 2017 campaigns are:
- Agora Partnerships, striving to accelerate the shift to a more sustainable, equitable and abundant world that supports entrepreneurs intentionally working to create social impact.
- EcoHealth Alliance, leading cutting-edge research into the critical connections between human and wildlife health and delicate ecosystems.
- Global Health Council, supporting and connecting advocates, implementers and stakeholders around global health priorities worldwide and acting as the collaborative voice of the global health community.
- Human Rights Watch, defending the rights of people worldwide. Scrupulously investigating abuses, exposing the facts widely, and pressuring those with power to respect rights and secure justice.
- Interaction, acting as a platform for global change, a pathway to global progress.
- Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon, helping women access preventive care and treatment for cervical and breast cancers where the need is greatest.
- Seed Programs International, providing quality vegetable seed, expertise, and training resources to help impoverished people become self-sufficient and healthy.
- ZanaAfrica Foundation, supporting adolescent girls in Kenya to stay in school by delivering reproductive health education and sanitary pads.
ABOUT GLOBAL IMPACT
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and backbone services; workplace fundraising and representation; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency and technology services. Global Impact works with more than 300 public and private sector workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 100 international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips private sector and nonprofit organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization also has served as an administrator for the Combined Federal Campaign for more than 20 years, including the two largest campaigns in the National Capital Area (CFCNCA) and Overseas (CFC-O). Global Impact continues to serve in this role, as well as the campaign’s national marketing strategist and implementation partner. Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.8 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information, please contact:
For more from this organization: