WASHINGTON, Jul. 25 /CSRwire/ – CR Magazine announced today finalists for the 10thannual Responsible CEO Award and seventh annual Lifetime Achievement Award, given to corporate leaders committed to a progressive environmental, social and governance (ESG) agenda.
These prestigious awards will be presented at COMMIT!Forum, the leading event for corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners, Oct. 11–12 at MGM National Harbor, just minutes from the nation’s capital. The judging panel is comprised of past Responsible CEO winners.
Finalists for the 2017 Responsible CEO of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Awards are:
- John D. Williams, president and CEO at Domtar Corporation
- Greg D. Carmichael, president and CEO at Fifth Third Bank
- Jack E. Kosakowski, president and CEO at Junior Achievement USA
- Chris Policinski, president and CEO at Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Roger A. Krone, chairman and CEO at Leidos
- Donald W. Slager, president and CEO at Republic Services, Inc.
- Jim Goodnight, CEO and co-founder at SAS
- Kenneth M. Sullivan, president and CEO at Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Tom Szaky, founder and CEO at TerraCycle, Inc.
- Anthony Haines, president and CEO at Toronto Hydro Corporation
- Terry D. McCallister, chairman and CEO at WGL Holdings, Inc. and Washington Gas
“Delivering strong business results is just the starting point for these CEOs, who have built purpose into their organizations’ mission and culture,” said Dave Armon, CEO of the Corporate Responsibility Board and publisher of CR Magazine. “”This year’s COMMIT!Forum will focus on Brands Taking Stands. Companies that commit to socially responsible and sustainable business practices take a stand every day. These accomplished leaders demonstrate their personal commitment to corporate responsibility, sustainability and impact.”
The Responsible CEO of the Year awards are presented to CEOs – from public and private companies, NGOs and governments – who, during the previous year, put themselves at personal and professional risk in order to deliver on their corporate responsibility promises.
CR Magazine also awards a Corporate Responsibility Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize an individual whose risk-taking, vision and pioneering spirit have led to significant achievement in the corporate responsibility field over the course of their career.
All award finalists were nominated by fellow members of the CR community and selected by an independent judging panel that includes prior honorees:
- Doug Baker, chairman and CEO, Ecolab, Inc.
- William Cho, president and CEO, LG
- Dan Hesse, former CEO, Sprint
- Gale Klappa, chairman, president and CEO, WEC Energy Group
- Jim Murren, chairman and CEO, MGM Resorts International
- Richard Noll, chairman and CEO, HanesBrands
- Richard Shadyac Jr., president and CEO, ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
For more information about the annual COMMIT!Forum and CR Magazine’s Responsible CEO of the Year Awards Dinner visit: www.commitforum.com
COMMIT!Forum (http:// commitforum.com) is an annual gathering of corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners with emphasis on networking, case studies, new research and compelling presentations from companies committed to making progress against an ambitious environmental, social and governance (ESG) agenda. The event is produced by the Corporate Responsibility Association and CR Magazine.
For more information, please contact: