TODAY, Cool Effect, March for Science, The Redford Center, and TriplePundit came together at #CarbonCantHide on “Giving Tuesday” to discuss ways that individuals and organizations can fight climate change and “give back” to Mother Earth!
In the last decade, the markets for carbon offsets have grown tremendously in scope, breadth, and rigor. Meanwhile, impacts of global warming become ever more present in everyone’s day-to-day lives. This is a call to action.
After the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend, participants tuned in on Giving Tuesday to explore the voluntary carbon market, how to participate, and why now is the time for action!
During #CarbonCantHide, we discussed the following topics and much more:
- What common misconceptions surround carbon credits and what makes a “good” credit
- What actions individuals can take to inspire their places of work to take action, and how companies can internally raise awareness of climate change
- How people benefit by being involved in discussing serious issues and tangible solutions through art and film
- How participating in #GivingTuesday can be used to have a positive impact on climate change
- How partnering with Cool Effect can allow individuals and businesses to take verifiable, measurable action to fight climate change
- Marisa de Belloy, CEO (@Cool_Effect)
- March for Science (@ScienceMarchDC)
- The Redford Center (@RedfordCenter)
- The TriplePundit Team
Also on #GivingTuesday, Cool Effect hosted a day of complimentary ice skating at The Holiday Ice Rink at Embarcadero Center in San Francisco. Dozens of volunteers dressed as snowmen, put on their skates and joined hundreds of guests on the ice throughout the day. Guests were also invited to learn more about Cool Effect and participate in climate change trivia in return for prizes. Cool Effect will once again be hosting free ice skating at The Holiday Ice Rink at Embarcadero Center on Saturday, December 2. To RSVP for Saturday’s skating event, please visit the registration page here.
About Cool Effect™ :
Cool Effect is a San Francisco Bay Area 501(c)(3) non-profit that allows individuals to create a tangible impact on climate change through a digital platform, providing consistent funding to the highest-quality carbon reducing projects around the world.
Cool Effect was founded on the passionate belief that individual support of projects will create a cumulative effect that will reduce and prevent carbon pollution. Like the Butterfly Effect, The Ripple Effect, and others, a single action can have global impact. The organization’s mission is to ignite planet sized change. To learn more, please visit cooleffect.org or follow Cool Effect on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.