Today, C&A Foundation, Remake, Freedom Fund, and TriplePundit came together to delve into the conversation of forced labor – an issue that still plagues supply chains around the world.
During the #ForcedFashion chat, we discussed the following and much more!
- different types of bonded and forced labor
- industries where this practice is still occurring
- how brands, specifically in fashion, are combating forced labor
- Anindit Roy Chowdhury (@CandAFund) – Programme Manager Gender Justice & Human Rights C&A Foundation
- Ayesha Barenblat (@remakeourworld) – Founder of Remake
- Ginny Baumann (@Freedom_Fund) – Senior Program Officer, The Freedom Fund
About C&A Foundation
C&A Foundation is the corporate foundation affiliated with global clothing retailer C&A. They are working to transform the fashion industry by providing partners with financial support, expertise and access to networks in order to drive change. C&A Foundation’s work focuses on four areas that they believe will have the biggest impact for people: accelerating sustainable cotton, improving working conditions, eradicating forced and child labour and strengthening local communities.