Thanks to everyone who participated in our most recent reader survey. We thought you might like to know a little bit about yourselves.
3p readers are:
- 59% Female
- Young: 36% are between the ages of 25-34, 25% are between the ages of 35-44
- Smart: A staggering 63% of our readers have attended graduate school, and another 30% graduated from college. You’re a well educated bunch
- 20% of you are in mid-upper level management and 21% are self employed
- We apparently appeal to sustainability newbies and experienced professionals alike: 33.7% have less than a year of professional sustainability experience, while 37% have 5 or more years experience. An impressive 12% have more than 10 years experience in sustainability
- Most work for small companies– 63% work for companies or organizations with less than 10M in annual revenue
- 31.5% make sustainability decisions at work and another 48% classify themselves as influencing sustainability decision making
- The 5 topics you’re most interested in hearing about are:
- Green/responsible products and services
- Clean technology (e.g. solar, wind, etc.)
- Social entrepreneurship
- Large enterprise sustainability/responsibility stories (e.g. Google, Wal-Mart, GM)
- Small business sustainability/responsibility stories (e.g. New Belgium Brewery)
Then, there were your comments:
Many of you rained praise on us:
” Have to subscribe to tons of eNewsletters for what I do — 3P is one of the few I look forward to getting :))”
“Love the variety!”
But we take the constructive criticism most seriously, specifically about improving the content and timeliness of our twitter feed, improvements to the newsletter, and our need to beef up the proofreading. We’re a work in progress and we appreciate the feedback. We’ll be working to implement it over the next couple months.
Finally, the winner of our random drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card is Julia Sable! Congratulations Julia, we’ll be in touch by email.