As many of you know, TriplePundit gets most of our funding from advertising – either banner ads or series sponsorships. For our next series on the sharing economy, we’ve decided to do something different. We’ve jumped on the crowdfunding bandwagon. With a twist.
We’re partnering with Shareable.net to produce a series on the sharing economy – that breed of new businesses that boosts the economy and builds community all without increasing consumption. And we’re using Indiegogo to host it.
Let’s say you need a pickup truck to move some furniture. Your neighbor lends you his truck, and you pay him for the time. Now, extend that model to anything and use web-based social networking to connect with the entire world – not just your neighborhood. That’s the sharing economy.
In a sharing economy, anyone can run a small business on the side, and you can have easy access to hundreds of things you never had before – without the financial, environmental, and time cost of ownership.
We want to explore how. We decided to crowdsource the funding for this series to prove just how deep the opportunities run in the sharing economy.
That’s where you come in. We need your support! In return, we have some great perks lined up from some businesses that represent all aspects of the sharing economy.
By contributing to the campaign, you will get the opportunity to engage directly with several companies leading the sharing economy movement. For each dollar given, you’ll get at least a dollar back from our partners:
- Rent a car on Wheelz - www.wheelz.com
- Try out a bike at Liquid - www.doliquid.com
- Hop in the carpool lane with Zimride – www.zimride.com
- Earn money doing nothing when you list your parking spot for rent on Park at my House - www.parkatmyhouse.com ($30 listing upgrade)
- Fill your wallet with travel money when you rent a room on Flat-Club - www.flat-club.com
- Dress for success with T’s and hoodies from couchsurfing.com
- Educate yourself on the sharing economy with “Share or Die“
- And more!
Hop on over to Indiegogo and check out our campaign. Give us a like or tweet and kick in a few bucks too if any of the perks tickle your fancy.