It's National Pollinator Week! To learn what one global agricultural company is doing on this front, please join us for a LIVE 1-hour Twitter chat with Monsanto - long a topic of interest here on TriplePundit - and the Keystone Center on #BiodiversityandAg. This is an important issue, especially considering the role pollinators have in the food industry’s global supply chain.
The chat, hosted by 3BL Media and TriplePundit, is this Friday, June 22, at 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT / 4 p.m. BT.
Participants in this Friday’s Twitter chat will learn how modern agriculture has harnessed the latest science to protect and support biodiversity - providing farmers with the tools that can help them conserve resources while also supporting local plant and animal species.
The upcoming Twitter chat on Friday, June 22, at 11 a.m. ET offers you an opportunity to discuss how biodiversity and agriculture are connected and crucial for sustainable development worldwide.
Join 3BL Media (@3BLMedia) and TriplePundit (@TriplePundit), along with the following panelists:
Topics of the chat will include:
- Gabriela Burian (@gpburian), Sustainable Agriculture Lead, Monsanto, and Co-chair of the Climate Smart Agriculture group at the World Business Council of Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Pam Bachman (@PamelaBachman), Monsanto’s Environmental Strategic Engagement Lead
- Aimee Hood (@achood4mu), Regulatory Communications Lead at Monsanto
- Christine Scanlan (@CScanlanKPC), President of The Keystone Policy Center, a Colorado-based nonprofit that seeks shared solutions to agriculture, environment, energy, education, and public health issues
- What National Pollinator Week and biodiversity means to the global agricultural sector
- The role women across the world can have in promoting the ties between agriculture and biodiversity
- Steps Monsanto and its partners are taking to reestablish habitats for honeybees, native bees, monarch butterflies and other pollinators
- How the agricultural sector can push sustainable development forward while aligning with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Tips to get the most out of the #
BiodiversityandAg Twitter Chat:
- Follow the main participants and #BiodiversityandAg hashtag
- Submit questions before the event to promote a more dynamic discussion
- Use the #BiodiversityandAg hashtag on comments that you want to share with the community
- Share tweets you think your followers will appreciate
- Follow interesting participants during and after the chat
Again, be sure to follow this chat using this hashtag, #BiodiversityandAg
Bring your questions to the Twitter chat, and our panelists will answer as many as possible.
When: Friday, June 22, at 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT / 4 p.m. BT.
Where: On Twitter, following the hashtag #BiodiversityandAg.
Learn more here about Monsanto's Twitter Chat here.