With a busy week behind you and the weekend within reach, there’s no shame in taking things a bit easy on Friday afternoon. With this in mind, every Friday TriplePundit will give you a fun, easy read on a topic you care about. So, take a break from those endless email threads, and spend five minutes catching up on the latest trends in sustainability and business.
Twitter is one of our favorite spots to catch up on the latest and greatest in sustainability. If you resolved to be more informed and more connected in 2015, we're here to help. Check out these 30 corporate social responsibility (CSR) pros (listed in no particular order) to follow this year, and give that newsfeed a boost.
1. @susanmcp1: Tweeting from @susanmcp1, Susan McPherson is a sustainability expert, writer and speaker who works at the intersection of brands and social good. She also hosts a bi-weekly #CSRChat that gathers thought leaders from all over the space. Why not join in?
2. @MilindaMartin: Milinda serves as VP of community investment for Time Warner Cable. According to her Twitter profile, she's "passionate about helping women succeed, leadership, CSR, volunteerism and Nutella." That's funny ... us, too!
3. @TaigaCompany: If you've ever tweeted about sustainability or CSR, chances are Julie Urlaub has retweeted you. Always one to share others' thoughts, Julie also comes up with some great ideas of her own. She tweets from the handle of her sustainability and social media consultancy firm, Taiga Company, and regularly perks up our feed with everything new in the world of sustainability.
4. @LauraClise: Laura is a sustainability and communications intrapreneur with a passion for CSR and diversity issues. She sits on the board of Athlete Ally, nonprofit focused on ending homophobia and transphobia in sports by educating allies in the athletic community. She even wrote a rap about diversity and performed it at Net Impact 2014. Long story short: You should be following her, unless you're allergic to awesome.
5. @ShannonSchuyler: Shannon is PwC's corporate responsibility leader, so she always has her ear to the ground when it comes to leadership, engagement, sustainability and education. Check out the top trends she predicted for 2015 in our recent Twitter chat, and give her a follow for daily updates and forecasts.
6. @AngryAfrican: The always-outspoken Henk Campher -- tweeting as @AngryAfrican -- is SVP of business and social purpose and managing director of sustainability for Edelman. Henk writes a regular column here at TriplePundit called The Quick & Dirty that always generates buzz, and if you're looking for a no-holds-barred view of sustainability issues, his Twitter feed does not disappoint.
7. @Susan Heaney: Susan Arnot Heaney serves as director of marketing, communications and development at The Sustainability Consortium. She tweets frequently on the latest news in sustainability, social impact and women empowerment. Her mantra is, "Do well by doing good." We couldn't agree more!
8. @PeggyatKC: Tweeting from @PeggyatKC, Peggy Ward is a sustainability expert for Kimberly-Clark. She tweets frequently with news related to CSR and sustainability and regularly brightens our newsfeed with inspiring ideas.
9. @KayakMediaTweet: Tweeting from @KayakMediaTweet, Claire Sommer is a business writer, sustainability enthusiast and founder of Kayak Media. She tweets about business, leadership and making the world a better place.
10. @costrike: Chris Oestereich of @costrike is passionate about leading the way to a circular economy. He is founder of the Wicked Problems Collaborative and helps drive zero-waste solutions at the likes of SuperValu and Albertsons.
11. @AliceKorngold: You may know Alice as the author of the CSR hit, "A Better World, Inc.: How Companies Profit by Solving Global Problems...Where Governments Cannot." She's also the founder of Korngold Consulting, where she helps nonprofits and NGOs achieve financial sustainability.
12. @GFriend: Tweeting from @GFriend, Gil Friend is the chief sustainability officer for the city of Palo Alto, California, and founder of Natural Logic. He also penned "The Truth About Green Business" and tweets about CSR and sustainability.
13. @AndreaLearned: If you love Twitter and CSR, and you aren't following Andrea yet, you need to be. The Seattle-based leadership development consultant fills our newsfeed with so much awesome stuff, she's almost like a walking newspaper. Trust us.
14. @JohnFriedman: John heads global corporate responsibility communications for Sodexo and penned "PR 2.0: How Digital Media Can Help You Build a Sustainable Brand." He's also a huge Twitter fan who shares useful links at least a few times a day.
15. @ReachScale: David Wilcox is the founder of @ReachScale and regularly tweets from the company's handle on topics related to sustainability, CSR and social good.
16. @Fairsnape: Martin Brown is the founder of @Fairsnape, which specializes in consultancy and advocacy for the built environment improvement, as well as sustainability, CSR and social media. He tweets from the firm's handle on these issues and regularly perks up our newsfeed.
17. @AmanSinghCSR: As her handle implies, Aman Singh is all about CSR. Formerly the editorial director of CSRWire, Aman now serves as VP of business and social purpose at Edelman's New York practice. Her title may have changed, but her top-notch Twitter engagement and fantastic ideas never will.
18. @SFallender: Suzanne Fallender is director of the Global Girls & Women Initiative at Intel. She lights up our newsfeed with tweets about empowering women and girls through education, technology, sustainability and shared value. Give her a follow. She'll have you chanting "We can do it!" in no time.
19. @makower: Joel Makower is possibly one of the best known names in CSR and sustainability -- and for good reason. He's an award-winning journalist, bestselling author, and global speaker in sustainable business and clean technology. And he founded GreenBiz. Ya know, no big deal. Give him a follow for regular updates on the latest news.
20. @DaveStangis: Dave is the VP of public affairs and corporate responsibility at Campbell Soup Co., as well as president of the Campbell Soup Foundation. He also participated in our recent Twitter chat on emerging CSR trends for 2015, and his predictions were some of our audience's favorites. Luckily for you, that wasn't a one-time thing. His feed is full of savvy predictions and breaking news in CSR.
21. @AndrewWinston: Andrew advises some of the world’s biggest companies on environmental strategy. He also penned two of the most buzz-worthy CSR books in recent memory. His first, "Green to Gold," which he co-authored with Daniel E. Esty, was named one of 30 books that all managers should own by Inc. Magazine. His latest, "The Big Pivot," advises companies on how to deal with the mega-challenges of a warming, resource-constrained planet. If you're looking for breaking news and insightful commentary, do yourself a favor and give him a follow.
22. @ElaineCohen: Elaine is a CSR consultant, sustainability reporter and human resources professional. She's the founder of CSR-Reporting and regularly graces our newsfeed with the latest in sustainability and CSR.
23. @KoboriGrillsCSR: Tweeting from @KoboriGrillsCSR, Michael Kobori is the VP of sustainability for Levi Strauss & Co. He made a big splash by kicking off our Sustainably Attired series with an up-close look at lifecycle assessment in fashion. On Twitter, he keeps us updated on CSR and sustainability both inside and outside the fashion world.
24. @MarkTulayESG: Mark Tulay is the founder of Sustainability Risk Advisors, where he puts his 22 years of experience in ESG (environmental, social and governance) metrics to good use. His Twitter feed is bursting with the latest in climate and sustainability news, so be sure to tune in.
25. @YAMASHITAnoID: Based in Tokyo, Yusuke Yamashita (aka @YAMASHITAnoID) is a lecturer of management at the Chiba University of Commerce and a lecturer of human resources management at Sakushin Gakuin University. He's regularly active on Twitter in both English and Japanese. And he's known to share a cute cat photo every now and then, which we're totally on board with as well.
26. @planamikebarry: Mike Barry is director of sustainable business for U.K. department store chain Marks & Spencer. He's "leading the Plan A journey" and shared some 2015 CSR predictions that were a big hit with the audience of our recent Twitter chat.
27. @SustMeme: Tweeting from @SustMeme, Jim McClelland is a publisher, editor, journalist and speaker, and the founder of SustMeme Magazine. He's always keeping us surprised on Twitter by tracking down some seriously cool CSR and sustainability news.
28. @ChrisLibrie: You may remember Chris, who serves as senior director of strategy and communications for HP Corporate Affairs, from our live Twitter chats at the 2014 SXSW Eco and Sustainable Brands conferences. But chats aren't the only time he chimes in. Check out his feed for regular updates.
29. @nvanexel: Nicolette van Exel is director of CSR at SAP. Late last year, she shared her thoughts on millennials and social entrepreneurship in a Twitter chat with TriplePundit. On her regular feed, she shares news about young social entrepreneurs and business for good.
30. @MarianMerritt: Marian Merritt is director of cyber education and online safety programs for Symantec. She recently chimed in during our Twitter chat on bridging workforce and diversity gaps, sharing some of our audience's favorite ideas. She also keeps us updated on the latest in cyber security via her Twitter feed.
Oh, and don't forget TriplePundit and our team!
Catch the latest from TriplePundit by following us on Twitter (@TriplePundit), and check out @3pPodium for news from our partners.
@NickAster: Founder and publisher
@Mary_Mazzoni: Senior Editor
@MarissaR1 (Marissa Rosen): Social Media Director
@JackWysocki: Business Development
@TravisNoland: Business Development
@LeonKaye: Click here to read posts from Leon.
@JanLeeThiem: Click here to read posts from Jan.
@RPSiegel: Click here to read posts from RP.
@TinaMCasey: Click here to read posts from Tina.
@ecolibris (Raz Godelnik): Click here to read posts from Raz.
@AlexisPetru: Click here to read posts from Alexis.
@Earth2017 (Bill Roth): Click here to read posts from Bill.
@BillDibenedetto: Click here to read posts from Bill.
@GMCheeseman (Gina-Marie Cheeseman): Click here to read posts from Gina-Marie.
@NayelliGonzalez: Click here to read posts from Nayelli.
@Earth_Warming (Tom Schueneman): Click here to read posts from Tom.
@SkyBicycle (Sarah Lozanova): Click here to read posts from Sarah.
Image credit: Flickr/mkhmarketing
Mary Mazzoni is the Senior Editor of TriplePundit. You can follow her on Twitter @mary_mazzoni.
Mary Mazzoni has reported on sustainability in business for over a decade and now serves as managing editor of TriplePundit. She is also the general manager of TriplePundit's Brand Studio, which has worked with dozens of brands and organizations on sustainability storytelling. Along with 3p, Mary's recent work can be found in publications like Conscious Company, Salon and Vice's Motherboard. She also works with nonprofits on media projects, including the women's entrepreneurship coaching organization Street Business School. She is an alumna of Temple University in Philadelphia and lives in the city with her partner and two spoiled dogs.